Sunday, January 15, 2012

Beginnings of "Refinement"... Romans 12

July 30th 2011...

There came a point in my life where God had to remove His substitute(s) in my life.

Anyone who knows me well enough, knows that I am a romantic...  I longed for a woman who I could take care of, who I was able to be a man for.  Sadly, I was not ready for that; as God Almighty had to lovingly (Hebrews 12:1-13) point out; I was a sinful man, I am one still.  But God had to remove what I cherished most in my life, for God is a jealous God and He stands alone!

As she is His daughter just as much as I am His son, our Divine Father protects His daughters from those who are unworthy of their hearts.

"Thank you Father for protecting your daughter as I was not a man yet fit to lead.  How did I expect a woman to support, help, and follow me; if I was not following after You?  Forgive me of my disobedience, refine me into the man that you desire me to become...."

And so He answered, and continues to mold, chisel, shred, burn, shape, and rebuild me... *(For the sake of limited space on the internet, the refinement that God took me through, is between God and me).

Inspired by my older sister (who is has always been the loving & practical voice in my life) & my younger sister (whose spiritual advice and walk with Christ I dearly love) I started this personal blog.  Documenting and sharing what the Holy Spirit continues to do in my life.  I pray that I will be more of a 'Romans 12' man... one of my life verses revealed to me, at the beginning of my continued Salvation.

"Heavenly Father continue to teach & reveal more of who I am in You, and who You are in me."  This is my faith on my sleeve as I have for so long wore my heart on it, no more...  I pray.  "... Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in this world" (1 John 4:4).  I pray for you, that my life, and my walk with Christ will be an encouragement to you who reads this and challenges you to pursue His Kingdom and those He loves with a great passion and desire."

- Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment